SHARE COMMONBOND. GET $200.
When your friends refinance with or borrow from CommonBond, you'll get $200. You don't have to be a CommonBond member to refer friends!
Here's how it works:
- Enter your PayPal email address below to create a unique referral link.
- Share that link, in any way you wish, with friends who can refinance graduate student loans or need money for an MBA. (See eligible programs for refinance and the MBA loan)
- For every friend you refer (using your unique link) that takes out a loan or refinances with CommonBond, you will get $200 deposited into your PayPal account.
Don't have a PayPal account? No problem. Your referral payments will go into a new PayPal account using the email you enter below.
- Eligibility. CommonBond's Grad Refinance Loan™ and MBA Student Loan™ ("Program Loans") are presently available only to individual United States citizens and legal United States residents at least 18 years old who either graduated from or currently attend one of the schools in the CommonBond Grad Refinance Loan™ or MBA Student Loan™ network. Current employees of CommonBond and their parents, children, siblings, spouses or domestic partners are not eligible for the Program. You may refer friends to CommonBond under the Program even if you have not borrowed through CommonBond.
- Referral. To refer your eligible friends, enter your email address on our Program webpage and click on "Get Your Referral Link". You will see the choices to make your referrals by email, Facebook or Twitter. By clicking on the preferred link, you can send your friends a message with a link to apply for a Program Loan. CommonBond does not receive or collect the contact information for the friends that you refer unless they click on the link in your message to apply for a loan.
- Referral Award. If a friend that you referred via the email, Facebook, or Twitter link provided on this page is approved and funded, you will receive a payment of $200 from CommonBond. Only one payment to a referring person will be awarded per funded Program Loan. If two or more individuals refer the same friend, referral credit will be given based on which link the friend used to apply for a Program Loan through CommonBond's website. If a friend that you referred via the email, Facebook, or Twitter link provided on this page is a previous recipient of a Program Loan, you will not receive any payment for new Program Loans that are funded. Lending decisions are not impacted in any way by participation in the Program.
- Payment. Payment to the referring person shall occur via PayPal to the email address given by participants in the Program. You must have an active PayPal account to receive a payment. CommonBond will make reasonable efforts for the payments to occur on the first day of the month following funding of the Program Loan. All federal, state and local taxes and duties are the sole responsibility of the participant. Payments may not be transferred; no substitutions.
- Referral Courtesy. Referral messages should be sent only through the Program as described in these Terms & Conditions. Please send your referrals only to eligible friends, and refrain from mass emailing colleagues and former classmates. Use only truthful, non-misleading statements that accurately reflect Program Loans and the Program when sending a referral message.
- No Spam or Solicitation. Referring persons must comply with all applicable laws, regulations and guidelines, including up-to-date "SPAM" laws. For example, emails must be created and distributed in a personal manner. Bulk email distribution and any use of automated devices or third party services is prohibited. By participating in the Program, participants agree not to solicit applications for loans and will restrict their activities to informing their personal contacts about CommonBond's refinancing loan options. Any distribution of a Program referral link that could constitute unsolicited commercial email or "spam" under any applicable law or regulation, or that otherwise violates any restriction imposed by CommonBond or is otherwise inappropriate as determined by CommonBond in its sole discretion, is expressly prohibited and will be grounds for immediate exclusion from the Program.
- Right to Cancel Program or Change Terms. CommonBond reserves the right to cancel the Program or to change these Terms & Conditions at any time in its sole discretion. Any unclaimed referral rewards will be forfeited at that time. CommonBond reserves the right to disqualify anyone from this Program if any participant abuses this Program, as determined by CommonBond in its sole discretion.
Do I need to be a borrower in order to make a referral?
No. Whether or not you're personally a borrower, you still have friends who could benefit from a CommonBond loan.
When will I get paid?
You will receive $200 when your friend's loan is approved and disbursed. Payments are made on the first business day of the month following disbursement.
How will I get paid?
Payments are made via PayPal.
Is there a limit to the number of friends I can refer?
Nope - refer away!
If I refer someone and his or her loan does not get approved, will I find out?
No. CommonBond respects the privacy of our community members. You will not be notified when your friend applies - only when his or her loan is disbursed.
How will you know that my friend applied due to my referral?
When you e-mail friends, post to Facebook, or tweet using the widget on our referral page, you create a unique link that is tied back to your name. When friends apply via that link, we keep track on our end!
Are there tax implications with this?
If six or more of the friends you refer are approved for CommonBond loans (wouldn't that be great!?), we'll send you a 1099-MISC form to use when filing your taxes.