Updated: May 25, 2017
How Does CommonBond Work?
CommonBond offers loans for current undergraduate and graduate students, refinancing loans for people who have already graduated and contributions processing for people participating in their employer’s student loan benefits program. Loans are originated by CommonBond Lending, LLC.
What Information Does CommonBond Collect From Visitors to This Website?
CommonBond collects the following information from students, graduates, and visitors to our website:
- information you provide on our website such as contact information, school affiliation or feedback; and
- basic traffic information about your visit such as IP address, host name and pages on our site visited.
- loan application information such as social security number, income, and assets loan decisions. Such information may be shared with a partner bank.
- Existing student loan information such as existing balances and loan servicer information.
We do not collect personally identifiable information from website visitors who do not voluntarily submit such information. However, information collected from prior visits could be associated with personally identifiable information if you later submit such information to us.
If you create a registered account on our website, we will collect information from you, including:
Email Address; and
Children and Privacy
This website is not intended for use by children. If you are under 18, you may use this website only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that we may have inadvertently collected personal information from your child, please notify us immediately by sending an email to email@example.com.
How Does CommonBond Use Information Collected From Visitors to This Website?
We use information collected from website visitors to improve the content and browsing experience of our website, to provide information regarding our products to you, and respond to you. This information is not sold or disclosed to non-affiliated third parties for marketing purposes, however we may contact you with marketing offers. CommonBond may disclose information collected from website visitors to:
- trusted services providers who work on our behalf, who do not have independent use of the information we disclose to them, and who have agreed to adhere to the rules set forth in the privacy statement;
- alert you to new features, products, events, or services;
- make other marketing offers that we think may be of interest of you;
- third parties as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process
- third parties as we deem necessary, based on our good faith belief, (i) to protect our rights, your safety or the safety of others, (ii) to investigate fraud, or (iii) to respond to a government request; and
You may choose to opt-out of receiving unrequested communications by clicking “unsubscribe” of a given communication or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We provide physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to protect the information we collect and maintain.
This Privacy Statement may be updated from time to time for any reason. We will notify you of any changes to our Privacy Statement by posting the new Privacy Statement here, http://commonbond.co/privacy-policy. Please consult this Privacy Statement regularly for any changes.
By using our website, you consent to the collection, processing and storage of information as described in this Privacy Statement. Processing activities may take place in the United States. If you reside outside of the United States, your information may be transferred to, and processed and stored in, the United States or other jurisdictions in accordance with applicable law in that jurisdiction. If you do not agree to these terms, do not use this website.
Notice of Privacy Rights
Customers may access, review and/or correct all their personally identifiable information that we collect online by sending an email to email@example.com with a subject heading "Customer Choice Privacy Notice" And allow thirty (30) days for a response.
524 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY, 10012
United States of America
If you have any questions about how we collect, store and use your information, you may contact us by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.